To accomlish the task, you have to use a third-party Blu-ray ripping tool like iFastime Video Converter Ultimate for Mac, which can be easy to use for conversion, editing and makes great quality copies of my Blu-ray. Not only it's used as an amazing 2D to 3D video conversion software tool, but it's also a BD/DVD/video converter to help you rip Blu-ray, DVD and ISO files to Oculus VR Cinema app highly supported 3D Side By Side (Full) and Side by Side (Half-Width) MP4 video files on Mac (El Capitan included) with high output video quality and fast ripping speed.
What's more, it can also output 3D models including Anaglyph (Red/cyan), Anaglyph (Green/magenta), Anaglyph (Amber/blue), Top and Bottom (Full), Top and Bottom (Half-Height) for watching on 3D devices. Windows vesion is here. Just download it now and follow the steps below to rip Blu-ray movies to Samsung Gear VR for smoothly playing in just a few mouse clicks!
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/iFastime-Video-Converter-Ultimate/3000-2194_4-76448683.html
- Top 4 Download: http://www.top4download.com/ifastime-video-converter-ultimate-for-mac/hekvsosm.html
- WinSite Download: http://www.winsite.com/Multimedia/Video/IFastime-Video-Converter-Ultimate-for-Mac/
- Softonic Download: http://ifastime-video-converter-ultimate-for-mac.en.softonic.com/mac
Step 1: Add Blu-ray movies
Launch the top Mac Blu-ray to Oculus VR Cinema app Converter, add your Blu-ray files by clicking the disc icon from Blu-ray drive. Keep the network connected when ripping Blu-ray.
Step 2: Select a suitable output video format
As we mentioned above, Oculus VR Cinema app supports MP4 format. You can choose “MP4 Side-by-Side 3D Video (*.mp4)" from "3D Video" profile list is recommended for Oculus VR Cinema app.
Tip: By clicking the "Settings" button, you can modify the video/audio parameters. 3D depth is also allowed to adjust here.
Step 3: Start to rip Blu-ray to Oculus VR Cinema app
The last step is to press the big "Start conversion" button on the right to start converting Blu-ray files to Oculus VR Cinema app on Mac. The conversion takes a few minutes, if you don't have time to wait, you can choose "Shut down computer after conversion". Then your computer will be turned off automatically after the conversion is finished. After conversion, you can click "Open" to locate the output videos.
Watch 3D movies on Gear VR via Oculus VR Cinema app
To view your SBS 3D video files on your Gear VR, follow these steps:
1. On your MicroSD card file directory, navigate to Oculus > Movies > Your Movies
2. Create a new folder within "Your Movies" and label it "3D"
3. Import or move your side-by-side 3D videos into your newly created "3D" folder
4. Once you have created your 3D content folder and imported compatible video files, insert your MicroSD card into Galaxy Note 4 (if it isn't already), dock the phone in your Gear VR, and don the virtual reality headset.
1. Navigate to Oculus Cinema from the main menu
2. Navigate to "My Videos" from the Oculus Cinema content library menu
3. Select the 3D video you wish to view (if you followed the above steps it should have a "3D" label in the upper righthand corner)
4. Choose the cinema mode to begin playback
5. The software is coded to automatically convert any video in the "3D" folder for 3D playback.
If you have SRT format subtitles for you side-loaded videos, you can also load them into Oculus Cinema by using the following convention: for .mp4, name your subtitles as ..mp4 and place them in the same directory as your content. For example:
While watching the video in Cinema, a new subtitle option will appear in the player controls (gaze and tap the screen for the controls to appear).
Watch 3D movies on Rift DK 2 via Oculus VR Cinema appHere we go:
- Download and install VLC Player
- Download and install VR Player
- You then need to download the DK2 Tracker (Hosted here incase it is removed from where I got it from) for motion tracking within the player
- Expand the .zip ( * See below in known issues if you have problems here)
- Copy to the following location (or wherever you installed VR Player):
C:\Program Files (x86)\VR Player\Trackers
- Open up VR player and set the tracker that you just copied as follows:
Depending on the content you wish to view you have a few options. Here are some examples:
- Set up Oculus as extended Desktop in the Rift Display Mode program.
- Ensure your windows monitor is setup so your rift is secondary.
- For 3D movies such as Avatar:
Menu - Media - Format - Side By Side
Menu - Media - Projection - Plane
- If your movie is not 3D
Menu - Media - Format - Mono
Menu - Media - Projection - Plane
- To open a movie select:
Menu - File - Open File - With VLC...
- Browse to your selected movie.
- Now that the movie is running you need to move the video screen onto your Oculus screen.
In my case the Oculus is my second monitor to the left. So I hit these keys:
Hit Windows Key + Cursor Key Left (Do this twice, this moves the window to your Oculus)
Hit Windows Key + Cursor Key Up (This maximizes the window)
- Put on headphones and enjoy!
- If you have problems playing back files such as .MKV. You may also need to install a CODEC pack. I would recommend the CCCP Codec pack (It may have a Russian name but this should cover your CODEC needs and has no spam)
Other VR apps recommend:
- Homido 360 VR player
- Cineveo VR (CINEVEO – Virtual Reality Cinema, the popular VR cinema app for Oculus Rift, is now available for Android with Cardboard VR support. Grab some popcorn, it's movie time! "CINEVEO offers a mind-blowing voyage into a new realm of movie entertainment and forever changes the way you will want to watch movies."
- VR Cinema for Cardboard (You can use the Google Cardboard or other such devices to create your own little personal cinema experience. VR Cinema for Cardboard turns MP4 format videos and other formats if you pay for the pro version into a split-screen view for the VR headsets.)
Now, you can enjoy 2D/3D Blu-ray movies on your Oculus Cinema app with ease.
Have more questions about how to play Blu-ray movies on Oculus Cinema app, please feel free to contact us>>