Hot search: 3D YouTube to Oculus Rift DK2 | Blu-ray to Oculus Rift DK2 | 3D YIFY to to Oculus Rift DK2
In fact, it is easy to watch DVD videos on Oculus Rift Dk2 as long as you got a DVD Ripper in hand. There is a number of DVD Ripping software available on the market to help you rip DVD to Oculus Rift Dk2 with suitable 3D format. In the front of so many choices, you might be confused which one you should choose. If so, I recommend iFastime Video Converter Ultimate (Mac version) to you. It is rated as the best solution out there to watch DVD movies on Oculus Rift Dk2.
This program can professionally rip DVD to Oculus Rift Dk2 supported video format with fast speed and excellent output quality. In addition, this DVD Ripping tool can allow you to adjust 3D depth to get better DVD playback on Oculus Rift DK2 with great 3D effect. It also can turn other source video, like Blu-ray, ISO, 4k, 2k, SD, HD, to 3D SBS MP4 format for other 3D glasses, such as AirVR, Gear VR.
You can download and buy Windows version here:
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/iFastime-Video-Converter-Ultimate/3000-2194_4-76449859.html
- Top 4 Download: http://www.top4download.com/ifastime-video-converter-ultimate/chjkfujg.html
How to rip DVD to 3D MP4 for Oculus Rift DK2?
Step 1: Load DVD movies
Click “File” icon to load source DVD movie to this app. Or you can simply drag and drop the video into it.
Step 2: Set 3D format output
Click “format” bar to find “3D Video”. Select “MP4 Side-by-Side 3D Video(*.mp4) ” under this category.
Tip: If you want to adjust the 3D depth or reset the video size, just click “Settings” to open the window.
Step 3: Start to rip DVD to 3D MP4
Hit the red “Start Conversion” button to change DVD to 3D SBS MP4 video for playback via your Oculus Rift DK2. When the process is done, just open the output folder to locate the 3D movie.
To have a wonderful 3D home theatre experience, this conversion is just the first procedure. You need two extra things – VR Player and media player. The following is to teach the green hands for Oculus Rift DK2 how to set up. We will take VLC player as an example.
DK2 + VR Player + VLC Player: Getting Home Theater Experience
1.Download and install VLC Player.
2. Download and install VR Player.
3. You then need to download the DK2 Tracker (Hosted here case it is removed from where I got it from) for motion tracking with the player
4. Expand the .zip and copy to the following location (or wherever you installed VR Player): C:\Program Files (x86)\VR Player\Trackers
5. Open up VR player and set the tracker that you just copied as follows:
Depending on the content you wish to view you have a few options. Here are some examples:
1. Set up Oculus as extended Desktop the Rift Display Mode program.
2. Ensure your windows monitor is setup so your rift is secondary.
3. For 3D movies such as Big Hero 6:
Menu – Media – Format – Side By Side
Menu – Media – Projection – Plane
4. If your movie is not 3D
Menu – Media – Format – Mono
Menu – Media – Projection – Plane
5. To open a movie select:
Menu – File – Open File – With VLC
6. Browse to your selected movie.
7. Now that the movie is running you need to move the video screen onto your Oculus screen.
In my case the Oculus is my second monitor to the left. So I hit these keys:
Hit Windows Key + Cursor Key Left (Do this twice, this moves the window to your Oculus)
Hit Windows Key + Cursor Key Up (This maximizes the window)
Put on headphones and enjoy!
That’s all. It is easy to backup DVD to Oculus Rift DK2 with 3D effect with iFastime Video Converter Ultimate. Try it and enjoy your 3D life.
Have more questions about how to play DVD on Oculus Rift DK2, please feel free to contact us>>